Four years ago, as APHL joined with partners to celebrate the 50th anniversary of routine newborn screening in the United States, newborn screening hit more closely for APHL staff than it ever had before. Michelle Forman, manager of media and Lab Culture host, received a text that her new niece, Sloane, had a positive newborn screen. Her results were out of range for PKU. In this episode, Michelle interviews Sloane’s mom, Judith Forman, about that experience.
- Newborn Screening Gets Personal: My Niece’s Positive Screen
- Classic Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Benign Hyperphenylalaninemia (Hyper-Phe)
- APHL’s Newborn Screening & Genetics Program
- What is newborn screening? FAQs
The post Lab Culture Ep. 5: My Niece’s Positive Newborn Screen appeared first on APHL Lab Blog.